Welcome to the Centurion Defensive Pistol Club
Register for a Shoot
To register for the next CDPC shoot, please_follow_this_link and log in with your SADPA number as both your Login ID and Password. Upon logging in, you will be required to change your password before you are able to register or browse scores.
Please join our CDPC Yahoo Group to stay up to date.
Please note that all SADPA members need to sign the CODE OF CONDUCT. Please download and send the signed copy back.
SADPA – South African Defensive Pistol Association is a relatively new shooting sport in South Africa and functions under the auspice of IDPA.
The sport started within South Africa in May 2001 and has grown to over 1000 active shooters in 26 active clubs shooting over 300 matches a year. It is geared for easy entry to a novice shooter with NSO (New Shooter Orientations) provided to facilitate easy and safe participation for all levels of shooters.
We cater for Multi-Gun shoots (Handgun / Shotgun / Sem-Auto Rifles) and are an officially SAPS / CFR recognized dedicated sport shooting body.
The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) is the governing body of a shooting sport that simulates self-defense scenarios and real life encounters. It was founded in 1996 as a response to the desires of shooters worldwide. The organization now boasts membership of more than 17,000, including members in 50 foreign countries.
One of the unique facets of this sport is that it is geared toward the new or average shooter, yet is fun, challenging and rewarding for the experienced shooter. The founders developed the sport so that practical gear and practical guns may be used competitively.
An interested person can spend a minimal amount on equipment and still be competitive.
The main goal is to test the skill and ability of the individual, not equipment or gamesmanship. “Competition only” equipment is not permitted in this sport
Firearms and Divisions in IDPA
Firearms used in IDPA are grouped into five primary divisions and two Additional divisions :
- CDP Custom Defensive Pistol (.45ACP semi-automatics only);
- ESP Enhanced Service Pistol (9mm (9x19) or larger caliber semi-automatics, single action);
- SSP Stock Service Pistol (9mm (9x19) or larger caliber double action, double action only, or safe action semi-automatics);
- ESR Enhanced Service Revolver (.38 caliber or larger double action revolvers);
- SSR Stock Service Revolver (.38 caliber or larger double action revolvers).
- Defensive Multi-Gun (DMG) is also available as a division to allow use and practice with our shotgun (pump / semi) and rifle (bolt / semi).
- BUG Backup gun is also available as a division to allow use and practice with the short barreled and limited magazine capacity.
Shooters compete against and with similar skilled competitors
Shooters are then classed by like-skill levels with progression from:
1. Novice (NV);
2. Marksman (MM);
3. Sharpshooter (SS);
4. Expert (EX);
5. Master (MA).